Terms and Conditions of Sale
A deposit is required for all orders. Due to the speed of electronic ordering, spectacle orders are subject to a cancellation charge of 1/3 of the total value of the order before any discount.
The cooling-off period does not apply to spectacles and other prescribed items as they are a customised product and/or a medical device.
Guarantee and Aftercare
Our service does not finish on collection of your new spectacles. We want you to be completely satisfied with the vision, comfort and appearance of your spectacles. We aim to build up a long term relationship of trust for the future and hope you will continue to choose us for your optical requirements. For a period of three months from the examination we will change the lenses if they prove unsatisfactory, providing we have carried out the eye examination and dispensing.
Our spectacles are guaranteed against defects to faulty materials, workmanship or design for 12 months from collection. Some frame manufacturers, such as Rodenstock and Stepper, also offer a 2 year guarantee.
Minor repairs and adjustments will also be carried out free of charge for at least 12 months.
If you have specific information or communication support needs, please let us know in advance.
Terms and Conditions of Website Usage
The term "Barracloughs Opticians" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 41 Western Road, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN40 1DT. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- We occasionally include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.