Last night, our very own MD, Jeremy Heynes, attended a rather special awards ceremony at the Cavendish Hotel in Eastbourne. It was the 2017 East Sussex Women in Business Awards, where Barracloughs sponsored the 'Employer of the Year' category.
Having won that very same category at last year's 1066 Business Awards, we were excited to sponsor the event and present this award to the lucky winner. The room was packed with female entrepreneurs who all deserved recognition for their hard work this year. The three shortlisted businesswomen were:
These were three well deserved businesswomen to be shortlisted but the winner on the night was Emma Hellier for going above and beyond to make sure each day sees a happy team as well as happy clients. Not only that, but the business does a lot for the community and for charities far and near.
Many trophies were handed out, with all of these ladies walking away as winners on the night...
- Business Woman of the Year: Lesley Kimber, The Cooden Beach Hotel
- Innovation Award: Fitta Mamma; Cornerstone Care Consultancy
- New Business /Start up of the year award: Stitch of Compton Street; Beauty Ninjas
- Small Business of the Year: The Cookshelf Cook School and Ceramic Cafe; Ditzy Media Ltd
- Medium Business of the year: Haybury; Elite Hair Academy, Unique Boutique Hair & Beauty Studio, Smooth Operators
- Large Business of the Year: The Cooden Beach Hotel
- Rising Star of the Year: Francesca Lidbetter -Haybury; Emily Coombes - The Beauty Bar
- Woman in the arts / music / dance media: Jan Lynton, Lavinia Salisbury - Angelica Heavenly Voices
- Woman in Uniform: Gina Moulding Woman in Education: BC Beauty Training Ltd Sue Stokell
- Employer of the year: Emma Hellier
- Contribution to the Community: mtc2 Ltd - Laura Murphy; Quality Solicitors Barwells -Sophie Maloney
- Mentor of the Year: Rebecca Whippy-Embrace East Sussex; Petrina Mason CEO – Now Charity East Sussex
- Woman of Courage: Jane Brooks – Moody Cow Catering
- Lifetime Achievement award: Sue Hitchen
- Overall Business or Business Woman of the Year: The Cooden Beach Hotel